Sociolegal Status of Women in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Thailand
Major constraints affect the sociolegal status of women in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Thailand. Improving sociolegal status and legal empowerment of women is important in reducing poverty and improving the quality of life in the Asian and Pacific region.
The study recommends a number of concrete actions that can be taken by governments, civil society groups, ADB, and other assistance providers to improve sociolegal status of women in the Asian and Pacific region.
- Executive Summary
- The Sociolegal Status of Women
- Socioeconomic Context and the Law: Factors Affecting Women's Status
- Legal and Institutional Frameworks
- Sociolegal Status of Women in the Four Countries
- Structural, Practical, and Cultural Constraints
- Country-Specific Recommendations
- Recommendations and Conclusion