Solar District Heating in the People's Republic of China: Status and Development Potential
This publication discusses the development potential of solar district heating in the People’s Republic of China.
It explores the significant potential of solar district heating to accelerate the integration of renewable energy into heating systems in the PRC. This will be important in promoting low-carbon cities and reducing urban air pollution. The study highlights that solar district heating (SDH) can provide high efficiency and reliability as well as environmental benefits. It finds that SDH has considerable market potential in the PRC and proposes practical ways forward. The study will also be of interest to other Asian countries that face similar challenges.
- Executive Summary
- Background and Introduction
- What Is Solar Thermal District Heating?
- Benefits and Challenges of Solar Thermal District Heating
- Best Available Solar Thermal Technologies
- Financial Feasibility of Solar District Heating
- Solar Thermal District Heating Worldwide
- Solar Thermal District Heating Market in the People’s Republic of China
- Legislation and Policies in Support of Solar Thermal Energy Use in the PRC
- Case Studies
- Conclusions and Recommendations