Solid Waste Management Sector in Pakistan: A Reform Road Map for Policy Makers
Publication | March 2022
This publication suggests how Pakistan could strengthen solid waste management and in doing so reduce its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
Download(Free : 2 available)
- US$23.00 (paperback)
It provides guidance on improving and expanding waste collection and disposal services for municipal, industrial, electronic, and hospital waste. It outlines waste management options and key considerations in setting up a waste management system. The publication also discusses consolidating data on the waste generated, calculating historical emissions from the waste sector and projections, and establishing an institutional framework.
- Objectives of the Road Map
- Current Waste Management Situation in Pakistan
- Waste Management Hierarchy
- Key Considerations in Developing the Road Map
- Steps in Developing the Road Map
- Waste Management and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Capacity Building for the Implementation of the Road Map
- Financing the Waste Management Road Map
- Summary and Conclusions
- Appendix: Memorandum of Understanding Template