A Sourcebook for Engaging with Civil Society Organizations in Asian Development Bank Operations
This publication provides guidance on how civil society organizations (CSOs) can be more effectively engaged in Asian Development Bank (ADB) operations to maximize the benefits for its developing member countries.
With their unique strengths and specialized knowledge of their communities and constituencies, CSOs have an essential role to play in creating a more prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific. To contribute to this, the publication provides advice, templates, and tips for ADB staff and country officials to use when designing, implementing, and monitoring ADB-financed operations.
- Context, Definitions, and Overview
- Policy and Operations
- Consultations with Civil Society Organizations
- Due Diligence, Procurement, and Partnerships
- Other Considerations for Civil Society Organization Engagement
- Responsibilities for Civil Society Organization Engagement Within