Landscape Study on Southeast Asia’s Aviation Industry: COVID-19 Impact and Post-Pandemic Strategy
Publication | May 2023
Following heavy losses of passenger traffic due to COVID-19, the resurgence of Southeast Asia's aviation market is vital to regional recovery, so this report reveals strategies to help ADB members rebuild a greener, more resilient aviation industry.
- US$33.00 (paperback)
Before COVID-19, Southeast Asia had one of the world's fastest-growing air transport markets, but this region lost over 80% of its passenger traffic during the pandemic. Examining operational, infrastructure, and financing issues within the Southeast Asian aviation network, this publication analyzes case studies from select economies in the region and identifies optimal strategies for the aviation industry's recovery.
- Executive Summary
- Background and Objectives of the Engagement
- Assessment of the Landscape Before Coronavirus Disease
- Assessment of the Impact of the Coronavirus Disease Pandemic
- Post-Pandemic Assessment
- Post-Pandemic Recovery Scenarios
- Country Assessments and Case Studies