The Story of Lanka Electricity Company
This publication explores lessons from Sri Lanka's experience of reforming electricity distribution through the Lanka Electricity Company, a distribution utility created in 1983.
It discusses the problems the company set out to resolve, its achievements, constraints, and emerging challenges and future directions. The work involved overhauling distribution systems, improving service standards, and establishing independent management.
- History of the Electricity Supply Industry
- The Birth of Lanka Electricity Company
- Teething Problems of the New Distribution Utility
- A New Approach to Engineering and Customer Care
- The Success Story in Electric Utility Management
- Gearing Up for the Future