Study of Non-Notified Trade Agreements to the World Trade Organization: The Case of Asia and the Pacific Region
This paper attempts to reveal regional trade agreements upon which the World Trade Organization fails to shed the light of the transparency exercise.
This is the first scholarly attempt to find regional trade agreements that have not been notified to World Trade Oraganization (WTO). Gathering information on non-notified trade agreements is the key to understanding the universe of trade agreements, because information on all regional trade agreements notified to the WTO is included in the WTO regional trade agreements database.
- Brief Review of the Literature on Non-Notified RTAs
- Conceptualizing Agreements in Asia and the Pacific on Trade without Notification
- Methodology and Information Source
- Investigation of Non-Notified Trade Agreements in Asia and the Pacific
- Methods to Enhance the Monitoring Function of CRTA