Summary of Proceedings of the 49th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors
This document summarizes the proceedings of the 49th Annual Meeting of the ADB Board of Governors, held in Frankfurt, Germany from 2 to 5 May 2016.
The Honorable Gerd Műller, Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development, and His Excellency, Horst Köhler, former Federal President of Germany, addressed the opening session on 3 May 2016, preceded by the President of the Asian Development Bank, Mr. Takehiko Nakao.
The Governor for Germany, the Honorable Hans-Joachim Fuchtel, chaired the Meeting. The Governor for Bangladesh, the Honorable Abul Maal A. Muhith, and the Alternate Governor for Timor-Leste, Mr. Helder Lopes, served as Vice-Chairs.
- Introductory Note
- Schedule of Meeting
- Opening Session
- Opening Address by the President of ADB
- Opening Address by the Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany
- Opening Address by the Former Federal President of Germany
- Business Sessions
- Provisions Relating to Conduct of Meeting
- Procedures Committee
- Resolutions Adopted at the Meeting
- Governors' Statements
- Closing Address by the President of ADB
- Board of Directors
- ADB Principal Officers and Senior Staff