Accelerating Sustainable Development after COVID-19: The Role of SDG Bonds
Publication | July 2021
This publication provides an overview of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) bonds as a mechanism to help mobilize the financing required to achieve the SDGs in developing Asia.
Download(Free : 2 available)
- US$27.00 (paperback)
The importance of development that provides for equitable economic growth and the sustainable use of natural resources has become increasingly apparent during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. COVID-19 has emphasized the need for a renewed focus on achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In addition to its analysis of the current SDG bond market in the region, the publication proposes a new type of SDG bond that could contribute to accelerating sustainable development in the region.
- Types of Thematic Bonds
- SDG Bonds
- Standards, Guidelines, and Frameworks
- SDG Accelerator Bonds: A New Concept
- Building Momentum for the Road Ahead
- 52077-001: Green and Innovative Finance Initiative for Scaling Up Southeast Asian Infrastructure
- More on ASEAN Catalytic Green Finance Facility (ACGF)
- News Release: ADB Proposes SDG Accelerator Bonds for Green Infrastructure Projects in Southeast Asia
- Video: Accelerating Sustainable Development after COVID-19: The Role of SDG Bonds
- Q&A: Funding Green Recovery in Southeast Asia