Accelerating Sustainable Development after COVID-19: The Role of SDG Bonds
SHARE THIS PAGE
This publication provides an overview of Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) bonds as a mechanism to help mobilize the financing required to achieve the SDGs in developing Asia.
The importance of development that provides for equitable economic growth and the sustainable use of natural resources has become increasingly apparent during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. COVID-19 has emphasized the need for a renewed focus on achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In addition to its analysis of the current SDG bond market in the region, the publication proposes a new type of SDG bond that could contribute to accelerating sustainable development in the region.
- Types of Thematic Bonds
- SDG Bonds
- Standards, Guidelines, and Frameworks
- SDG Accelerator Bonds: A New Concept
- Building Momentum for the Road Ahead
- 52077-001: Green and Innovative Finance Initiative for Scaling Up Southeast Asian Infrastructure
- More on ASEAN Catalytic Green Finance Facility (ACGF)
- News Release: ADB Proposes SDG Accelerator Bonds for Green Infrastructure Projects in Southeast Asia
- Video: Accelerating Sustainable Development after COVID-19: The Role of SDG Bonds
- Q&A: Funding Green Recovery in Southeast Asia