Tajikistan: Development Effectiveness Country Brief
As of 30 June 2007, ADB's cumulative net lending to Tajikistan was $304 million. ADB assistance has been focused on rural development and on the transport, energy, and social sectors.
This country brief summarizes how the partnership of ADB and the Government of Tajikistan has been instrumental to the development of the country.Tajikistan joined ADB in 1998 following the cessation of the civil conflict. As of 30 June 2007, cumulative net lending to Tajikistan was $304 million, comprising 20 investment loans and 3 Asian Development Fund IX grants, (totaling $15.3 million). ADB assistance has been focused on rural development and on the transport, energy, and social sectors.
In addition, a total of 53 technical assistance projects totaling $30 million, and 5 Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction grant projects amounting to $9.7 million, were approved.
- Selected Country Indicators
- Overview of Country Achievements and Development Challenges
- Volume and Performance of ADB Operations
- Highlights of ADB Results
- Current ADB Portfolio and Assistance Pipeline
- ADB's Role in Coordination and Harmonization Initiatives at the Country Level