Three Decades of Development Partnership: Royal Government of Bhutan and Asian Development Bank
ADB welcomed Bhutan as a member in 1982. During 30 years of partnership with the country, ADB has helped improve the welfare of the Bhutanese people. ADB has aligned its programs with Bhutan government's evolving development priorities to help the country fast track its socioeconomic progress and ultimately to reduce poverty.
The partnership has promoted power sector development, enhanced transport networks and rural connectivity, supported rapid urbanization, strengthened financial systems, laid the foundation of technical and vocational education and training, pushed environmental conservation, and encouraged regional cooperation and trade.
- Foreword from the Prime Minister
- Foreword from the ADB President
- Bhutan–Asian Development Bank: Three Decades of Advancing Development as One
- Powering Bhutan’s Future
- Closing the Distance in Bhutan
- Building Tomorrow’s Cities
- Fueling the Engine of Growth
- Imparting Skills for Life
- A Greener Bhutan
- Deepening Regional Connectivity in Bhutan