Trade Facilitation for a More Inclusive and Connected Asia and Pacific Region: Progress and Way Forward
This publication provides an overview of assessments from the 2017 global survey on trade facilitation and paperless trade in the Asia and Pacific region.
- US$18.00 (paperback)
The survey uses the final list of provisions included in the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement (WTO TFA) and the draft text of the regional United Nations (UN) treaty on cross-border paperless trade facilitation under negotiation at Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP). Implementation levels of 44 countries in Asia and the Pacific were calculated based on 31 trade facilitation and paperless trade measures.
This study also describes trade facilitation projects that promote development through deepening regional cooperation and integration. It also discusses digital trade as a major opportunity for SMEs to better access international markets and global supply chains, giving them the chance to growth both quickly and sustainably. The progress and challenges in the regional and subregional trade facilitation efforts being made to streamline trade procedures are also presented.
ADB and UNESCAP jointly prepared this publication.
- Impact of Trade Facilitation
- Status and Progress of Trade Facilitation in Asia and the Pacific
- Global Survey Results on Trade Facilitation and Paperless Trade
- Subregional Cooperation Initiatives and Trade Facilitation in Asia and the Pacific
- Digital Trade and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
- Challenges and Way Forward