Trade and Transport Facilitation Monitoring Mechanism in Nepal: Baseline Study
SHARE THIS PAGE
This baseline study reviews Nepal’s trade and transport procedures, highlights the importance of monitoring trade and transport facilitation, and lays a foundation to establish trade and transport facilitation monitoring mechanism.
The establishment of a trade and transport facilitation monitoring mechanism (TTFMM) is important because it allows a country to take stock, identify bottlenecks, and prioritize recommendations for the implementation of trade facilitation measures. A baseline study is the first step to establish TTFMM. This report reviews trade and transport procedures in Nepal, highlights the importance of monitoring trade and transport facilitation, and lays a foundation for future studies and establishment of long-term, sustainable TTFMM. In light of the Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal (BBIN) Motor Vehicles Agreement, the report presents both the challenges and enormous opportunities for enhancing efficiency along the BBIN corridors.
- Executive Summary
- Background and Introduction
- Scope of the Trade and Transport Facilitation Monitoring Mechanism Baseline Study in Nepal
- Methodology for Data Collection and Analysis
- Key Findings and Recommendations
- Way Forward to Establish the Trade and Transport Facilitation Monitoring Mechanism in Nepal Summary and Conclusion