Trans-Pacific Partnership versus Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership: Control of Membership and Agenda Setting
In this context, it is important to observe not only which countries are included in a regional framework, but also which countries are excluded from it. This paper analyzes the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) from two angles: (i) control of membership and (ii) control of agenda.
- Pitfall of Balance-of-Power Theory
- Analytical Framework: Quest for Exclusive Leadership
- Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)
- Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP)
- Analysis of Strategies of Key Players
- Free Trade Area of the Asia-Pacific (FTAAP)