Transforming Power Development Planning in the Greater Mekong Subregion: A Strategic and Integrated Approach
This publication provides guidance on how governments and utilities in the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) can develop sustainable power development plans based on current international best practices.
It outlines how the integration of strategic environmental assessments to an integrated resource planning approach can enable power development plans to explore or better manage renewable energy sources efficiently. It also discusses the benefits and key principles of this approach, with technical guidelines for each of the six GMS countries and tools aimed for use by practitioners in Asia and beyond.
- Overview of Integrated Resource Planning
- Key Technical Themes in Integrated Resource Planning
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Economic Analysis in Integrated Resource Planning
- Modeling for Integrated Resource Planning in Power Sector Planning
- Directions for the Future