Unlocking Indonesia's Geothermal Potential
This report produced jointly by the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank is based on a series of technical assistance activities conducted during 2013-2014.
The study documents key issues that have constrained the development of Indonesia's geothermal power development sector, including tariffs, tendering processes, financial considerations, permitting, and inter-agency coordination. The report then makes a set of comprehensive recommendations to unlock the potential of the sector, including a new tariff regime, improvements to the tendering process, re-negotiation of power purchase agreements, and innovative modes of financing and project de-risking.
- List of Tables, Figures, and Boxes
- List of Stakeholder Comments
- Currency and Units
- Executive Summary
- Tariff Design
- Implementation Issues and Procedures
- Tariff Ceilings Based on Benefits
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Recovery of Incremental Costs
- The Tariff Impacts of Front-End De-risking
- Institutional and Financing Issues
- Unlocking the Sector: Study Team Recommendations