Upcycling Plastic Waste for Rural Road Construction in India: An Alternative Solution to Technical Challenges
India seeks to improve rural connectivity through the Rural Road Program or Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadhak Yojana (PMGSY). This working paper highlights how PMGSY has addressed challenges through the use of upcycled plastic waste.
The overall implementation of PMGSY has faced several challenges mostly associated with cost, availability of materials, technology readiness, and restricted specifications. One innovative way by which the Government of India is addressing these challenges is through the use of plastic waste as an alternative material for rural road construction.
- Innovative Approaches in the PMGSY Roads
- Dealing with Plastic for Rural Road Construction
- Maximizing the Impact of Reduced Plastic Waste
- Limitations and Recommendations
Also in this Series
- Technology Framework for India’s Road Freight Transport: Compliance and Enforcement Architecture Reform
- The Female Secondary Stipend and Assistance Program in Bangladesh: What Did It Accomplish?
- Tuberculosis Control Measures in Urban India: Strengthening Delivery of Comprehensive Primary Health Services