Updating and Enhancement of the BIMSTEC Transport Infrastructure and Logistics Study
BIMSTEC aims to create an environment for rapid economic development through identification and implementation of specific cooperation projects in infrastructure and transportation.
The core functions of the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC)—to promote free trade and increase cross-border investment—demand the enhancement of international transport connectivity. This study was undertaken in two stages, Phase I profiles the transport and logistics environment both regionally and nationally, identifying the planned multimodal infrastructure developments designed to enhance regional connectivity. Phase II identifies key BIMSTEC transport policies and strategies for the second half of the decade to achieve its trade development and investment goals, highlighting the priority infrastructure investments needed in member countries and suggests an institutional framework for implementing these strategies. The results of both stages are combined in this Final Report.
- Assessment of Existing BIMSTEC Transport Infrastructure and Logistics Study Policies and Strategies
- Recommended BTILS Policies and Strategies 2014–2020
- Proposed BIMSTEC Priority Infrastructure Projects 2014–2020
- Implementation Indicators
- BIMSTEC Transport Infrastructure and Logistics Action Plan 2014–2020
- Monitoring Framework
- Institutional Framework for BTILS Implementation
- Potential BTILS Development Theme