Fostering Competitive Cities and Urban Areas in the Greater Mekong Subregion: Building Inclusive Economic Clusters Sustainably
This discussion paper focuses on the urban aspects of Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) corridor development and what will be needed to bolster the competitiveness of the region.
Much work has been done on urban development in the GMS. The GMS Urban Strategy document clearly sets out three areas of focus and describes the cross-cutting theme of competitiveness. Given the experience on a range of projects in the intervening years, it is timely to consider potential strategies, and institutional and funding models, which could further enhance the competitiveness of the region. This paper seeks to canvass such strategies and models.
- Greater Mekong Subregion Urban Context
- International Best Practice in Fostering Competitive Cities
- What should Best Practice Applied to Greater Mekong Subregion Urban
- Competitiveness Achieve?
- Implementation Issues Related to Competitive Urban Economies in Corridors
- Conclusions and Recommendations