Uzbekistan: Quality Job Creation as a Cornerstone for Sustainable Economic Growth
This book analyses how Uzbekistan can boost sustainable economic growth to create more and better jobs.
It considers how the country can consolidate achievements from recent policy reforms and maintain reform efforts to accelerate sustainable growth. Policy recommendations cover fostering macroeconomic stability, increasing investment in physical infrastructure, enhancing human capital, improving firms’ access to finance, and lowering barriers to international trade and foreign investment inflows.
- Macroeconomic Performance, Opportunities, and Challenges
- Infrastructure as a Foundation for Job Creation
- Unlocking the Potential for Labor Productivity Growth
- Private Sector Development and Access to Finance
- Trade and Foreign Direct Investment in Uzbekistan