Vinh Yen GrEEEn City Action Plan
Viet Nam’s Vinh Yen city and Vinh Phuc province have formulated a vision for integrated, sustainable development of the city and translated it with assistance from ADB into a GrEEEn City Action Plan.
Vinh Yen city’s vision is to become an ecobusiness satellite city in metropolitan Ha Noi. Located in the Red River Delta region of northern Viet Nam, Vinh Yen is the capital of Vinh Phuc province and a successful industrial suburb of Ha Noi. The city has excellent transport connections: Noi Bai International Airport, the newly constructed Noi Bai–Lao Cai Expressway, and three national highways that link to seaports.
Vinh has taken the GrEEEn Cities approach in achieving its vision, integrating urban development with environmental planning to improve livability and resilience as well as economic opportunities in the city. Its GrEEEn City Action Plan (GCAP) sets out four initiatives:
- Promote ecobusiness in manufacturing and services.
- Improve the urban environment, including Dam Vac lake.
- Promote regional ecotourism.
- Become a regional leader in education and health services.
About the publication
This publication was prepared under the ADB technical assistance, Green Cities—A Sustainable Urban Future in Southeast Asia.
- Tables and Figures
- Executive Summary
- Business As Usual
- Vinh Yen’s Vision for a GrEEEn City
- GrEEEn City Action Plan
- The Role of Partnerships in GCAP Implementation
- Institutional Arrangements for Implementation
- Cumulative Benefits and Economic Justification
- Monitoring and Evaluation