Enhancing Women-Focused Investments in Climate and Disaster Resilience
This publication explores why targeted investments in women are crucial to increase resilience to climate change and disasters and to achieve broader sustainable development.
Such investments include human resource development, institutional strengthening, financial literacy, the promotion of women’s voice and representation, and learning and skills development. The publication explains why women-focused investments are necessary for climate resilience and identifies the key characteristics of such investments. It also discusses how a more supportive enabling environment can be developed.
- Women-Focused Investment in Resilience: Why Does It Matter?
- What Do We Mean by Women-Focused Investments in Resilience
- Characteristics of Women-Focused Investments in Resilience
- Ideas for Women-Focused Resilience Investments
- Enabling Environment Required to Deliver Investments in Women-Focused Resilience