ADB will provide a $62.5 million yuan loan to Inner Mongolia Saikexing Breeding and Biotechnology Group (SKX) and will act as the lender of record for the participation of selected commercial banks of up to $62.5 million equivalent in yuan.
Inner Mongolia Saikexing Breeding and Biotechnology Group (SKX)
$62.5 million loan; $62.5 million B-loan equivalent in yuan
- ADB will provide a $62.5 million yuan loan and will act as the lender of record for the participation of selected commercial banks of up to $62.5 million equivalent in yuan.
- The project will allow the company, which now owns about 100,000 cows across 27 farms, to develop 4 new farms with 20,000 cows in total.
- SKX will invest in state-of-the-art technologies that will halt the harmful discharge of untreated animal waste and use waste as fertilizer and for irrigation and energy production.
- The project will promote modern dairy farming, with better environmental sustainability and product safety.
ADB’s value addition
- Help SKX set environmental and food safety benchmarks for the People’s Republic of China’s dairy farming industry.
- Provide and mobilize long-term financing to encourage the private sector to make these investments.
- Finance several projects at the same time. ADB can finance up to 31 farms in 7 provinces and autonomous regions, ensuring wide impact.
29 June 2016
This case study is originally published in Asian Development Bank Private Sector Operations, a brochure describing the work of ADB's Private Sector Operations Department, its main goal, sector focus, portfolios, and case studies on projects approved in 2016.Stay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.