Results 1 to 20 of 1999
- Despite a notable drop in under-five mortality, Asia and the Pacific remains a hotspot for child deaths. The pandemic made things worse, causing a significant decline in routine immunizations. It's time to intensify vaccination programs and renew our commitment to children's health.
- Solid waste management remains one of the most challenging environmental issues for Pacific nations. Heavy reliance of most Pacific islands on imported goods creates a one-way flow of materials into small island developing states.
- The program was designed to support the Government of Kyrgyz Republic’s immediate priorities, which were to contain the spread of the pandemic, provide social support, and provide a countercyclical response. The program’s intended impact was aligned with the government’s PAP—to mitigate the economic and social impacts. The anticipated program outcome was a more effective management of the COVID-19 outbreak and a reduction of its adverse social and economic effects. This report validates the completion report's assessment of the program. IED overall assessment: Successful.
Navigating the Legacy of the COVID-19 Pandemic: Managing Public Debt to Support a Rebounding Asia Amid Global Uncertainty - Roberta CasaliOpening remarks by Roberta Casali, ADB Vice-President for Finance and Risk Management, at the 56th Annual Meeting Seminar Sponsored by DZ Bank, 5 May 2023, Incheon, Republic of Korea
- Following heavy losses of passenger traffic due to COVID-19, the resurgence of Southeast Asia's aviation market is vital to regional recovery, so this report reveals strategies to help ADB members rebuild a greener, more resilient aviation industry.
- The Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) private sector operations in 2022 saw project commitments reach $1.1 billion with the percentage of projects receiving climate finance double the level of 2021, according to ADB’s Private Sector Operations in 2022 – Report on Development Effectiveness.
- 아시아개발은행(이하 ADB)이 발간한 민간 부문 사업 – 개발 효과성에 관한 보고서(Private Sector Operations in 2022 – Report on Development Effectiveness)에 따르면 2022년도 ADB의 민간 부문 사업 약정액은 11억불로, 이 가운데 기후변화 대책을 위한 금융(이하 기후금융)의 지원을 받는 프로젝트의 비율은 2021년보다 2배 상승한 것으로 나타났다.
- ADB and the governments of Australia and Papua New Guinea (PNG) today at a special event acknowledged the results of a cofinanced project which improved the quality and coverage of rural health services in PNG.
How Can Public Expenditure Improve Households’ Sanitation Behavior? Experience of the Swachh Bharat Mission in the Indian StatesPublicly funded initiatives can play an important role as a catalyst for improving the sanitation environment.
- The program aimed to support the government in implementing its countercyclical comprehensive coronavirus disease (COVID-19) response, including relief measures for vulnerable groups and economic stimulus measures for productive sectors. Its expected outcome was reduced immediate adverse effects of COVID-19 on businesses and the population. There were two supporting outputs: (i) inclusive relief measures for vulnerable groups implemented; and (ii) economic stimulus for productive sectors provided.
- The knowledge and support technical assistance will strengthen food security post- COVID-19 and global food and fertilizer price crises in Mongolia. Ensuing resilient recovery from COVID-19 is a priority agenda for both the government of Mongolia and ADB. The TA will support the implementation of National Movement on Food Security and Food Safety launched in 2022.
- The program was designed “to support the implementation of the government’s countercyclical measures, targeting the poor and vulnerable while meeting financing needs and achieving debt sustainability.” The anticipated outcome was that the COVID-19 outbreak was more effectively managed, and social and economic impacts reduced.
In Bangladesh, ADB's Trade and Supply Chain Finance Program Helps Decrease Cases of Life-Threatening Rabies VirusADB's Trade and Supply Chain Finance Program, through its private sector partners, assists the import, storage, and distribution of life-saving rabies vaccine in Bangladesh.
T20 Associated Event on Women as Active Participants and Propellers of Economic Growth: Focus on Livelihoods, Care, and InfrastructureThis Think20 (T20) associated event will feature panel discussions on women’s livelihoods and economic empowerment challenges and opportunities, and possible global actions for addressing them during India’s G20 presidency and beyond
ADBI Symposium on Poverty and Livelihood Strategies Among Indigenous Communities in Asia (Asian Society of Agricultural Economists International Conference 2023)This symposium will spotlight the results of an ADBI household survey of indigenous groups in Bhutan, Nepal, and the Philippines and strategies for reducing poverty and improving livelihoods among them.
- The technical assistance (TA) aimed to build a knowledge base on the long-term care (LTC) in Asia and the Pacific, identify potential for investments in selected developing member countries (DMCs), develop the capacity of DMC officials for planning and implementing LTC services, and establish a network for knowledge sharing of good practices and expertise.
- ADB, with financing from the government of Japan, is supporting Mongolia to improve solid waste management practices, reduce environmental pollution, and enhance community awareness and employment opportunities in the waste management sector.
- This conference will spotlight new research on gender and economic opportunities in Asia and the Pacific, with a focus on gender-sensitive COVID-19 recovery and resilience building against future shocks.
- The program is the fourth phase of the Pacific Disaster Resilience Program, initially approved in December 2017. It will provide another round of financing for (i) countries that drew down for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic (Kiribati, Samoa, and Solomon Islands); and (ii) Tonga, that drew down funds in February 2022 in response to the eruption of the Hunga Tonga'Hunga Ha'apai volcano.
- ADB is supporting its members in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic through finance, knowledge, and partnerships.