Documents on Consulting Services
Guidelines on the Use of Consultants by Asian Development Bank and Its Borrowers
This publication defines the policies and procedures of ADB for selecting, contracting, and monitoring consultants required for loan and technical assistance projects financed in whole or in part by loans from ADB, grants by ADB, or funds administered by ADB.
ADB Procurement Policy: Goods, Works, Nonconsulting and Consulting Services
The purpose of the ADB Procurement Policy is to inform those carrying out a project financed by an ADB loan, an ADB-financed grant, or ADB-administered funds, of the policies that govern the procurement of goods, works, nonconsulting and consulting services required for the project. The ADB Procurement Policy applies to all projects with concept notes approved on or after 1 July 2017.
Procurement Regulations for ADB Borrowers: Goods, Works, Nonconsulting and Consulting Services
In application of the Procurement Policy of ADB, the purpose of these Procurement Regulations for ADB Borrowers is to inform those carrying out a project that is financed by an investment loan from ADB, ADB-financed grant, or by ADB-administered funds of the regulations that govern the procurement of goods, works, and nonconsulting and consulting services required for the project. The regulations apply to all projects with concept notes approved on or after 1 July 2017.
Consulting Services Administered by ADB Borrowers - Guidance Notes on Procurement
This guidance note offers information on the selection, contracting, and supervision of consulting firms and individual consultants by ADB borrowers and grant recipients under the ADB 2017 procurement policy.
Guidance Note on Financial Proposal Evaluation (for Loans/Grants)
The Consulting Services Operations Manual and User's Guide for Submission Forms (Loans/Grants) are currently being revised.
Quick Reference Guides
Expression of Interest
- Expression of Interest for Other Selection Methods
- Expression of Interest for Consultants Qualification Selection (CQS) Method
Individual TA or Staff Consultant
- Expression of Interest for Individual Consultants
- Expression of Interest for Individual Consultants through a Firm
- CV Format for Individual Consultants [Updated: 30 June 2008]
- Non-Committal Inquiry
- Computer Requirements of Consultants Assigned at ADB HQ
- Global Group Insurance Policy for Consultants [Updated: 1 January 2018]
- Request for Payment to Individual Consultant/Non-ADB Staff
- Performance Evaluation Report Form
Delegated technical assistance
- RFP for the recruitment of consulting firms for delegated technical assistance projects [Updated 6 April 2011]
- Request for Proposal Cover
- Section 1: Letter of Invitation
- Section 2: Instructions to Consultants Including Data Sheet and Evaluation Criteria
- Section 3: Technical Proposal Standard Forms
- Section 4: Financial Proposal Standard Forms
- Section 5: Terms and Reference
- Section 6: Standard Form of Contract
- Section 7: ADB Member Countries
- TA Letter Agreement (for Non-PRC DMCs) [Updated: 29 August 2008]
- TA Letter Agreement (for PRC) [Updated: 24 February 2009]
- Memorandum of Understanding [Updated: 29 August 2008]
The updated documents and forms are available on the ADB Business Center’s Documents for Recruitment of Firms and Individual Consultants by Executing Agencies.
- Instructions to Consultant to Request a Contract Variation
- Example of Contract Variation
- Contract Cost Estimates Template for Consulting Firms
- Illustrated Example of Contract Cost Estimates
- Variation Request Form for User Division
- ADB's policy on consultants' business cards
Preparation and submission of TA monthly reports and claims for payment
With a view to expediting payments to consultants, the Bank has revised the procedures for preparation and submission of the TA Monthly Reports and claims for payment through a new form entitled 'Monthly Report" form. The revised form should be prepared monthly and forwarded to the following address:
Director, (Project Division)
Asian Development Bank 6 ADB Avenue
Mandaluyong City 1550
Metro Manila, Philippines
Consultant's compliance with the new procedures will enable the Bank to expedite the payment of claims. Claims should be restricted to the approved contract budget limits and requests for contract variations should be kept to a minimum.