ADB Young Professionals Program (YPP)
Want to grow professionally by building on your training and experience? Want to help improve the lives of people in Asia and the Pacific?
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is an entry-level recruitment program to attract highly qualified and motivated individuals to ADB. YPP provides the foundation for a challenging and rewarding professional career in an international development environment and offers a wide range of opportunities to develop professional skills and understanding of ADB's operations, policies, and procedures. Under a structured talent management program, Young Professionals (YPs) will contribute to the achievement of ADB’s Strategy 2030.
The advertisement for the YPP 2020 cohort is now open. Visit the ADB Careers page to apply
Online Career Seminars for the YPP 2020 cohort will be hosted in October 2019. Learn more
Selected Young professionals (YPs) are offered a fixed-term appointment of 3 years. YPs will be initially placed in one of the departments in the Headquarters (Manila) where they can gain foundational experience of ADB’s operations, then assigned to another department/office as a rotational assignment for 12 months. The rotational assignment will be carried out in a field related to the initial placement whereby YPs are expected to broaden their experience and deepen their knowledge on the subject matter.
Throughout the program, YPs will be offered a variety of development opportunities – they will participate in missions for activities in fact-finding and appraisal, project review and completion, country programming, sector and policy studies, or disbursement. They will also be entitled to a number of learning programs, both in-house and external, some of them specifically designed to cater for the needs of the YPs.
Towards the end of the program, YPs are encouraged to seek internal opportunities should they wish to remain in the Bank.
All YPs must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Born on or after 1 January 1988.
- Be a national of one of ADB’s members.
- Proven academic track record in a field relevant to the job role.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience relevant to the job role.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
For additional requirements specific to the job role, please refer to the individual vacancies.
Selection Process for the 2020 Cohort
- Eligible candidates apply through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES) , completing all the necessary information (deadline: 31 October 2019).
- Initial screening of applications followed by an online assessment with selected candidates (November 2019).
- Candidates retained after the online assessment will be invited to a technical written test (December 2019).
- Short-listed candidates will be contacted (January 2020).
- Final interview in ADB Headquarters (February 2020).
- Pre-employment check and offer process (March 2020).
Selected candidates are expected to take up duty within the 2nd Quarter of 2020.
ContactFor further information on the young professionals program:
Email contact form