ADB Young Professionals Program (YPP)
Want to grow professionally by building on your training and experience? Want to help improve the lives of people in Asia and the Pacific?
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is an entry-level recruitment program to attract highly qualified and motivated individuals to ADB. YPP provides the foundation for a challenging and rewarding professional career in an international development environment and offers a range of opportunities to develop professional skills and understanding of ADB's operations, policies, and procedures. Selected Young Professionals will be placed to one of ADB’s departments or offices that best fit their skills and competencies, and contribute to the achievement of ADB’s Strategy 2030.
The advertisement for 2019-2020 YPP intake will be posted in the ADB Careers page in the 3rd quarter of 2019.
Young professionals (YPs) are offered a 3-year fixed-term appointment in ADB headquarters. YPs will be initially joining one of ADB’s departments and then assigned to another department/office as a rotational assignment for 12 months. During this period, YPs are expected to demonstrate competencies required for the positions. The work assignments enable them to further develop their expertise and broaden their perspective through exposure to various aspects of ADB work. YPs may participate in missions for activities in fact-finding and appraisal, project review and completion, country programming, sector and policy studies, or disbursement.
YPs will set up a developmental plan under the guidance of their supervisors and human resources teams. In this plan, they identify learning programs offered in ADB to enable them to improve their technical skills and acquaint them with ADB policies and procedures.
Please read the requirements listed below before proceeding to the application process:
- Age: not more than 32 years old upon joining ADB.
- Education: a university degree in economics, finance, business administration, engineering, the environment, social sciences, public policy, or other areas relevant to ADB’s work.
- Experience: at least 2 years relevant professional experience in any of the following fields: macro or development economics; agriculture and natural resources; climate change; commercial/investment banking or corporate investment; education; energy; the environment; the financial sector; public health; public-private partnerships; rural development; transport; urban planning; or water operations.
- Nationality: a national of one of ADB's members.
- Language: excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Diversity: able to work with others of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
Application and Selection Process
- Eligible candidates apply through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES), attach their CVs and answer the essay question.
- All documents (CV and cover page) are uploaded to ACES to complete the application.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- To avoid errors in submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period in submitting their YP applications.
- ADB evaluates applications based on eligibility requirements, the relevance of academic study and work experience; and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ContactFor further information on the young professionals program:
Email contact form