In the Spotlight
This evaluation of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) support for gender and development (GAD) examined the relevance and results of ADB’s gender priorities at the corporate, country, and project levels during 2005–2015.
The 2017 Annual Evaluation Review provides an independent perspective of ADB’s performance. It informs on whether ADB’s initiatives made a difference in addressing the pressing development challenges in Asia and the Pacific.
Evaluation evidence provides some optimism that with its 50 years of experience and strong partnerships. ADB is well positioned to rise to the challenge and position itself as a valued partner to all development actors in Asia and the Pacific.
This evaluation examines the value added by the environmental and involuntary resettlement safeguards policies of ADB, and identifies what remains to be done to ensure their effective application. The evaluation assesses the application of ADB’s safeguards in 12 projects in Indonesia, Kyrgyz Republic, and Sri Lanka.
The evaluation examines the key challenges faced by middle-income countries in the region, and the implications of changes in the borrowing country profile and other factors on ADB’s strategy and programs for these countries.
The Independent Evaluation Department (IED) independently and systematically evaluates ADB policies, strategies, operations, and special concerns that relate to organizational and operational effectiveness. By doing so, it contributes to achieving development effectiveness of ADB operations by providing evaluation feedback on performance, and generating and disseminating evaluation lessons.
- Annual Evaluation Reviews
- Country Assistance Program Evaluations
- Sector Assistance Program Evaluations
- Corporate and Thematic Evaluation Studies
- Impact Evaluation Studies
- Syntheses of Evaluation Findings
- Project/Program Performance Evaluations
- Technical Assistance Performance Evaluation Reports
- Validations of Project Completion Reports
- Validations of Country Partnership Strategy Final Reviews
- Evaluation Knowledge Studies
- Topical Papers
- Learning Curves
- Learning Lessons