ADB administers for its projects the following funds and financing facilities. Partners are welcome to contribute to these funds through cofinancing. See cofinancing partnerships.
ADB is authorized by its Charter (Article 19) to establish and administer special funds. Whenever a special fund involves contributions from financing partners, these funds are administered with the same level of care as ADB’s own resources.
|Name||Fund Contributors||Year Established|
|ADB Institute Special Fund||Australia, People's Republic of China, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea||1996|
|Asia Pacific Disaster Response Fund||ADB||2009|
|Asian Development Fund||ADB Member Countries||1973|
|Climate Change Fund||ADB||2008|
|Financial Sector Development Partnership Special Fund||ADB, Luxembourg||2013|
|Japan Special Fund||Japan||1988|
|Regional Cooperation and Integration Fund||ADB, Japan||2007|
|Technical Assistance Special Fund||ADB Member Countries||1967|
Trust funds enable a partner to channel grants for a restricted group of countries, focus areas, or programs. ADB fully administers the funds as trustee or sub-trustee in an investment portfolio separate from ADB’s own resources. Trust funds can involve one or more partners.
Financing partnership facilities allow strategic, long-term, multi-partner cooperation which links various forms of assistance for to support a specific sector. These include trust funds, special funds, risk-sharing mechanisms, or knowledge sharing arrangements that financing partners agree upon.
- Asian Clean Energy Fund (Single-Partner Trust Fund)
- Canadian Climate Fund for the Private Sector in Asia (Single-Partner Trust Fund)
- Carbon Capture and Storage Fund (Multi-Partner Trust Fund)
- Clean Energy Fund (Multi-Partner Trust Fund)
- Regional Malaria and Other Communicable Disease Threats Trust Fund (Multi-Partner Trust Fund)
- Investment Climate Facilitation Fund (Single-Partner Trust Fund)
- Regional Cooperation and Integration Fund (Special Fund)
- United Kingdom Fund for Asia Regional Trade and Connectivity (ARTCF) (Single-Partner Trust Fund)
- Urban Climate Change Resilience Trust Fund (Multi-Partner Trust Fund)
- Urban Environmental Infrastructure Fund (Single-Partner Trust Fund)
- Sanitation Financing Partnership Trust Fund (Single-Partner Trust Fund)
- Multi-Partner Trust Fund under the Water Financing Partnership Facility
- Netherlands Trust Fund under the Water Financing Partnership Facility (Single-Partner Trust Fund)
Other funds include
- funds administered by ADB that are earmarked for a specific program, activity, or output identified by partners; and
- funds which ADB contributes to but are administered by other multilateral banks.
|Name||Sub-type||Fund Contributors||Year Established|
|ASEAN Infrastructure Fund||Other Fund||Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam||2011|
|Credit Guarantee and Investment Facility||Other Fund||ADB, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, People's Republic of China, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam||2010|
|Future Carbon Fund||Other Fund||Belgium, Finland, Republic of Korea, Sweden, 2 private sector partners||2009|
|Pakistan Economic Corridors Programme||Other Fund||United Kingdom||2015|
|Public-Private Infrastructure Advisory Facility||Other Fund||World Bank (Trustee)||1999|
Global funds are funding initiatives managed by other multilateral banks. These can be accessed by multiple agencies, including ADB. ADB helps its developing member countries gain access to global funds for which World Bank serves as the Trustee.
|Climate Investment Funds||Global Fund||World Bank||2008|
|Global Agriculture and Food Security Program||Global Fund||World Bank||2010|
|Global Environment Facility||Global Fund||World Bank||1991|
|Global Partnership for Education Fund||Global Fund||World Bank||2002|
|Green Climate Fund||Global Fund||World Bank||2010|