In the Spotlight
ADB and other development partners have been working with developing countries in Asia and the Pacific to establish or improve their country safeguard systems (CSS) through project support, policy dialogue, and technical assistance.
ADB seeks your input on the Use of the Power Grid Corporation of India’s Environment and Social Policy and Procedures. The online consultation period is open from 5 August 2016 to 19 August 2016.
Countries and multilateral financial institutions recognize the need to establish and implement legal and administrative frameworks that assess potential risks and manage the impacts of development projects on the environment.
ADB's environmental and social safeguards are a cornerstone of its support to inclusive economic growth and environmental sustainability in Asia and Pacific. In July 2009, ADB's Board of Directors approved the new Safeguard Policy Statement (SPS) governing the environmental and social safeguards of ADB's operations. The objectives of the SPS are to avoid, or when avoidance is not possible, to minimize and mitigate adverse project impacts on the environment and affected people, and to help borrowers strengthen their safeguard systems and develop the capacity to manage environmental and social risks.
- Combined Resettlement Framework and Indigenous Peoples Planning Frameworks
- Combined Resettlement Plan and Indigenous Peoples Plans
- Environmental and Social Management System Arrangements
- Environmental and Social Monitoring Reports
- Environment and Social Compliance Audit Reports
- Environmental Assessment and Measures
- Indigenous People's Planning Documents
- Program Safeguard Systems Assessments
- Resettlement Planning Documents
- Safeguards Due Diligence Reports