Trade Finance Program (TFP)
In the Spotlight
How does ADB's Trade Finance Program work and what role does it play in boosting economic growth in Asia and the Pacific?
How ADB's Supply Chain Finance Program brings finance to small and medium enterprises.
The Trade Finance Scorecard: Regulation and Market Feedback is a new tool to address market gaps stemming from the unintended consequences of global measures to fight money-laundering and terrorism. See news release. Download report.
ADB and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation signed an agreement to promote more than $100 million of trade annually across developing Asia, particularly in the region’s more challenging markets.
ADB's Trade Finance Program (TFP) fills market gaps for trade finance by providing guarantees and loans to banks to support trade.
Backed by its AAA credit rating, ADB’s TFP works with over 200 partner banks to provide companies with the financial support they need to engage in import and export activities in Asia’s most challenging markets. With dedicated trade finance specialists and a response time of 24 hours, the TFP has established itself as a key player in the international trade community, providing fast, reliable, and responsive trade finance support to fill market gaps.
A substantial portion of TFP’s portfolio supports small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), and many transactions occur either intra-regionally or between ADB’s developing member countries. The program supports a wide range of transactions, from commodities and capital goods to medical supplies and consumer goods.
The TFP continues to grow, supporting billions of dollars of trade throughout the region, which in turn helps create sustainable jobs and economic growth in Asia’s developing countries.
TFP is a program of ADB's Private Sector Operations Department.
Estimated global trade finance gap (2017)
Number of TFP’s partner banks
Australia's support for TFP Pacific (2015-2019)
Transactions supported by ADB TFP (2009-2018)
- AltFin’s Role Evolves in Tense Global Trade Environment
- A Global ID System That Could Revolutionize Finance
- TBC Bank Named Leading Partner Bank in Trade Financing in Georgia by ADB
- KEB Hana joins ADB trade program for exporters
- ADB Launches Scorecard on Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
- Ways discussed to close market gaps for trade finance
- Ten years on from financial crisis, banks find KYC more confusing than ever
- View earlier articles
- Trade Finance Scorecard: Regulation and Market FeedbackThe scorecard identifies regulatory issues and market conditions for trade finance in Asia and the Pacific in 2018. Download latest report
- ICC Trade Finance RegisterThe ICC (International Chamber of Commerce) Register annually produces default and loss statistics for the global trade and export finance industry. ADB's TFP initiated and funded the first Register report in 2010. Download latest report
- Trade Finance Gap StudyADB's annual study quantifies global market gaps for trade finance and their impact on growth and jobs. Download latest report
Awards won by TFP