Trade Finance Program (TFP)
In the Spotlight
How does ADB's Trade Finance Program work and what role does it play in boosting economic growth in Asia and the Pacific?
How ADB's Supply Chain Finance Program brings finance to small and medium enterprises.
ADB and HFC Bank today signed two trade finance agreements enabling ADB’s Trade Finance Program to support up to $4 million of trade annually in Fiji.
ADB's Trade Finance Program and two Vietnamese banks signed agreements to provide guarantees of up to $50 million annually to support trade finance in Viet Nam.
ADB's Trade Finance Program (TFP) fills market gaps for trade finance by providing guarantees and loans to banks to support trade.
Backed by its AAA credit rating, ADB’s TFP works with over 200 partner banks to provide companies with the financial support they need to engage in import and export activities in Asia’s most challenging markets. With dedicated trade finance specialists and a response time of 24 hours, the TFP has established itself as a key player in the international trade community, providing fast, reliable, and responsive trade finance support to fill market gaps.
A substantial portion of TFP’s portfolio supports small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), and many transactions occur either intra-regionally or between ADB’s developing member countries. The program supports a wide range of transactions, from commodities and capital goods to medical supplies and consumer goods.
The TFP continues to grow, supporting billions of dollars of trade throughout the region, which in turn helps create sustainable jobs and economic growth in Asia’s developing countries.
Transactions supported by ADB TFP (2009-2016)
Estimated global trade finance gap (2016)
Australia's support for TFP Pacific (2015-2018)
Number of TFP’s partner banks
- ADB adds 2 more Vietnamese banks to trade finance program
- ADB and HFC sign first trade finance deal in Fiji
- ADB, HFC Bank sign agreement for credit facility in Fiji
- Fiji’s HFC Bank joins ADB’s TFP scheme
- View earlier articles
- ICC Trade Finance RegisterThe ICC (International Chamber of Commerce) Register annually produces default and loss statistics for the global trade and export finance industry. ADB's TFP initiated and funded the first Register report in 2010. Download latest report
- Trade Finance Gap StudyADB's annual study quantifies global market gaps for trade finance and their impact on growth and jobs. Download latest report
Awards won by TFP