Results-Based Lending (RBL) provides an added tool for ADB to better meet the needs of its developing member countries and improve development effectiveness. Its objectives are to
- increase government's accountability and incentives to deliver and sustain results,
- improve the effectiveness and efficiency of government-owned sector programs,
- promote institutional development,
- support country ownership,
- reduce transaction costs, and
- support development coordination and harmonization when more than one development agency is involved in a program.
Know more about the background, objectives and diverse applications of ADB's RBL program.