Results 1 to 20 of 4501
- The success of the global transition to net zero emissions depends on Asia. How can policymakers help guide the region toward the path of an efficient and fair transition?
Webinar on the Economic Impact of Exclusion Based on SOGIESC (Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Gender Expression, and Sex Characteristics) and the Promotion of InclusionThis webinar will examine the economic impact of exclusion based on sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, and sex characteristics (SOGIESC) and the promotion of inclusion.
- This National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) seminar will take place at ADBI and feature new research on foreign exchange and capital flows, with a focus on Asian economies.
- If firms are unable to see what is happening in their supply chains, they will not be able to manage them well.
- Cambodia is about to graduate from least developed country status. It should accelerate trade reforms to address the challenges its new status will bring.
- This report assesses the current ecosystem for tech startups in the Philippines, focusing on four sectors: climate change, education, agriculture, and health.
- A supportive ecosystem for startups has been established in the Philippines, providing a platform for the development of innovative enterprises, according to a new report by ADB.
Narrowing the Development Gap: Follow-Up Monitor of the ASEAN Framework for Equitable Economic DevelopmentThis report uses a broad range of indicators to assess the individual and collective development progress made by the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- Asia and the Pacific should promote the use of systems integration, AI, and simulation among companies in the region to increase the resilience of their supply chains.
History of Bank of Japan’s More Than Two Decades of Unconventional Monetary Easing with Special Emphasis on the Frameworks Pursued in the Last 10 YearsThe Bank of Japan has not only been a pioneer in pursuing unconventional monetary policy, but has also become a reference point for other central banks.
- Exchange rate developments are important considerations for central banks in the sense that they can affect their core mandate of price stability.
- Indonesia Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati gave a special speech at the Think7 Japan Summit and discussed onward challenges and priorities in Asia and the Pacific.
- Kenji Yamada, the State Minister for Foreign Affairs, Japan, called for global efforts on disarmament and non-proliferation.
- ADBI Dean and Think7 Japan Lead Chair Tetsushi Sonobe discussed intersecting global crises and how think tanks can help the Group of Seven (G7) and partners address them.
Gender Differences in Preferences for Non-Pecuniary Benefits in the Labor Market: Experimental Evidence from an Online Freelancing PlatformFlexible jobs receive 24% more female applications and 12% more male applications compared to inflexible jobs.
- This study shows that the new pension program in the People’s Republic of China can fundamentally alter the traditional support system between generations.
- This paper reviews the patterns of sectoral debts and growth and the mechanisms explaining the adverse effects of debt burdens on growth rates.
- This study introduces a methodology to estimate the economy-specific task content of occupations across economies at different income levels.
- Changes in US monetary policy can affect the yield of Indonesian local currency government bonds.
- Information on ADB's development assistance to Palau, economic data and analysis, resident mission contacts and holidays, the latest news and publications, and regional initiatives.