Results 1 to 20 of 1412
Webinar on the Economic Impact of Exclusion Based on SOGIESC (Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Gender Expression, and Sex Characteristics) and the Promotion of InclusionThis webinar will examine the economic impact of exclusion based on sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, and sex characteristics (SOGIESC) and the promotion of inclusion.
- Saving for retirement is a challenge across the Pacific, especially for women. Can equal access to retirement funds help women in these economies achieve financial security in retirement?
Narrowing the Development Gap: Follow-Up Monitor of the ASEAN Framework for Equitable Economic DevelopmentThis report uses a broad range of indicators to assess the individual and collective development progress made by the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- COVID-19 hit Mongolia's economy hard, especially micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises. ADB's technical assistance project empowered MSMEs in the Ger Areas of Ulaanbaatar to build their businesses and make them more resilient to economic shocks.
- This study shows that the new pension program in the People’s Republic of China can fundamentally alter the traditional support system between generations.
- This study introduces a methodology to estimate the economy-specific task content of occupations across economies at different income levels.
- The transition to global net zero to address climate change must be both ambitious and fair. Otherwise, it will not achieve its goals nor will it obtain the vital public support required over the long-term.
Good Practice Note on Addressing Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Harassment in ADB-Financed Projects with Civil WorksDesigned to identify and tackle sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH) in ADB-financed projects with civil works, this Good Practice Note sets out recommendations to prevent, mitigate, and manage SEAH risks in the workplace and project communities.
How Can Public Expenditure Improve Households’ Sanitation Behavior? Experience of the Swachh Bharat Mission in the Indian StatesPublicly funded initiatives can play an important role as a catalyst for improving the sanitation environment.
- The program aimed to support the government in implementing its countercyclical comprehensive coronavirus disease (COVID-19) response, including relief measures for vulnerable groups and economic stimulus measures for productive sectors. Its expected outcome was reduced immediate adverse effects of COVID-19 on businesses and the population. There were two supporting outputs: (i) inclusive relief measures for vulnerable groups implemented; and (ii) economic stimulus for productive sectors provided.
- APYS is an event for social dialogue that will showcase a series of knowledge sessions, panel discussions, and workshops spread over three days. Participants will get the chance to discuss major and emerging issues related to social protection, decent work, climate action, and partnerships for the goals, post COVID-19.
- The book aims to shed light on the disruptive effects of COVID-19 on ASEAN’s GVC participation and also review the many challenges and opportunities facing GVCs in the region.
3rd Annual Forum on Expanding Women’s Participation in Asian and Pacific Economies: Promoting Equitable Opportunities for Women through Taxation and BudgetingThe forum explored how gender equality can be integrated with domestic resource mobilization policies at the country level.
T20 Associated Event on Women as Active Participants and Propellers of Economic Growth: Focus on Livelihoods, Care, and InfrastructureThis Think20 (T20) associated event will feature panel discussions on women’s livelihoods and economic empowerment challenges and opportunities, and possible global actions for addressing them during India’s G20 presidency and beyond
- This paper examines the impact of technological change on the wage share of older workers, using data from 30 countries experiencing population aging.
ADBI Symposium on Poverty and Livelihood Strategies Among Indigenous Communities in Asia (Asian Society of Agricultural Economists International Conference 2023)This symposium will spotlight the results of an ADBI household survey of indigenous groups in Bhutan, Nepal, and the Philippines and strategies for reducing poverty and improving livelihoods among them.
- The Republic of Korea is looking to the young people to build wealth amid weakening macroeconomic and labor market conditions, a tight fiscal environment, and demographic and household structural changes.
- This conference will spotlight new research on gender and economic opportunities in Asia and the Pacific, with a focus on gender-sensitive COVID-19 recovery and resilience building against future shocks.
- This paper looks at the potential for a silver dividend for economic growth in aging societies as people live and work longer. It examines data from both high- and lower-income economies.
- International School Meals Day is an opportunity to support the world’s largest social safety net, which benefits 388 million children worldwide.