Regional Cooperation and Integration Fund
What is the fund?
The Regional Cooperation and Integration Fund is a special fund established in February 2007 in response to the increasing demand for regional cooperation and integration activities among ADB’s member countries in Asia and the Pacific. Its main objective is to improve regional cooperation and integration by facilitating the pooling and provision of additional financial and knowledge resources.
What are the priorities?
The fund aims to:
- improve cross-border physical connectivity;
- increase trade and investment flows in developing member countries from regional and nonregional economies;
- preserve macroeconomic and financial stability in the region; and
- improve the regional environmental, health and social conditions.
What kind of activities are eligible for the fund?
Activities to be supported by the fund are projects that:
- require collective efforts and actions of two or more countries to jointly respond to cross-border issues;
- are national in nature but with significant regional dimensions/implications;
- facilitate regional policy dialogues, including the establishment of regional policies for greater RCI;
- support research and promote knowledge generation and dissemination among developing member countries in the area of regional cooperation and integration;
- strengthen institutional capacity of regional/subregional groupings;
- support regional partnership building with regional and international institutions; and
- have linkages to Regional Cooperation Strategies and/or Country Partnership Strategies.
Who is eligible to receive the funds?
All ADB developing member countries are eligible to receive support from the fund.
Who supports the fund?
ADB and Japan support the fund.
- Development of Disaster Risk Finance Framework for the Yangtze River Basin Flood Risk Management
- Development of an Innovative Regulatory Approach for the Pillar III Pension System Amid Population Aging
- Supporting Climate Resilience and Ecological Sustainability Projects
- Mainstreaming Nature-Positive Investments for Green, Resilient and Inclusive Recovery
- Adoption of Green Development Standards for Cross-Border Investments