Urban Environmental Infrastructure Fund
What is the fund?
The Urban Environmental Infrastructure Fund was established in December 2009 under the Urban Financing Partnership Facility. It supports ADB's response to the huge unmet needs of the region for both basic and economic infrastructure, being a core business area of operations under the Strategy 2020.
What are the priorities?
The fund aims to raise and invest cofinancing from development partner agencies to support the implementation of Strategy 2020.
The fund prioritizes the following:
- climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- urban environmental transportation services;
- urban environmental water and wastewater services;
- urban environmental solid waste management services;
- district heating and cooling services; and
- urban renewal.
What kinds of activities are eligible for the fund?
The fund provides grants for technical assistance and investments focused on providing pro-poor or environmental benefits.
Who is eligible to receive the fund?
All ADB developing member countries are eligible to receive support from the fund.
Who supports the fund?
Sweden supports the fund.