The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are the core of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development adopted by 191 member states of the United Nations in 2015. Achieving the SDGs will require massive financing from public and private sources.
ADB's approach to support the SDGs involves:
- aligning its strategy and operations with the SDGs—the seven operational priorities of Strategy 2030 support all 17 SDGs, and ADB’s corporate results framework aligns with the SDGs;
- directly financing projects that help developing member countries achieve the SDGs;
- mobilizing finance for the SDGs, including from the private sector;
- supporting knowledge, capacity building, and dialogue with developing member countries to catalyze action; and
- working in partnership with multilateral development banks, civil society, knowledge partners, and the private sector on the SDGs, including the ESCAP–ADB–UNDP Asia-Pacific SDG Partnership, which fosters policy dialogue and monitors progress on the SDGs in the region.
Our corporate report on ADB’s support for the SDGs describes our efforts.