Results 1 to 20 of 1787
Policy Research Interface Meditation and Enabling (PRIME) Workshop: Climate Adaptation and Inclusive Development in South Asia’s Agricultural SectorThe workshop aims to serve as a foundation for building capacity in the policy-research interface for agriculture and rural economic transformation in South Asia.
- The success of the global transition to net zero emissions depends on Asia. How can policymakers help guide the region toward the path of an efficient and fair transition?
- This publication outlines why post-disaster needs assessments (PDNA) should provide comprehensive details of the economic and social impacts of disasters on countries to swiftly mobilize resources and support resilient recovery.
- Passive designs help buildings make use of natural cooling resources and maximize free cooling opportunities such as natural ventilation.
- A startup based in Hong Kong, China has developed a circular economy model for a plastic waste solution that promises to transform the buildings sector.
- The emergence of ‘blue carbon’ in the global carbon markets could help protect Southeast Asia's coastlines, but these habitats should be valued for more than their carbon.
- Indonesia Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati gave a special speech at the Think7 Japan Summit and discussed onward challenges and priorities in Asia and the Pacific.
- Kenji Yamada, the State Minister for Foreign Affairs, Japan, called for global efforts on disarmament and non-proliferation.
- ADBI Dean and Think7 Japan Lead Chair Tetsushi Sonobe discussed intersecting global crises and how think tanks can help the Group of Seven (G7) and partners address them.
- This session will explore Group of 20 (G20)-ADB engagement and options for the G20, the Group of Seven (G7), and the Global South to address shared challenges.
- A $450,000 grant project awarded by ADB to LocationMind, Inc. will support the development of a poverty impact and vulnerability evaluation (PIVE) tool designed to assist policymakers, planners, and other stakeholders in disaster management and urban planning.
- Technological change directed toward environmental sustainability is essential for cooling to play a role in sustainable development pathways.
- 対面参加の登録はこちらから登録締切：4月21日（金）17時 オンライン参加の登録はこちらから登録締切：4月28日（金）17時
- Explores what a global net-zero transition could mean for developing Asia. It models emission pathways based on commitments and pledges under the Paris Agreement and compares them with more optimal routes to net zero.
- The T7 Japan Summit will feature proposals developed by experts from G7 countries and worldwide to support policy discussions at the G7 Hiroshima Summit on 19-21 May and beyond.
How Can Public Expenditure Improve Households’ Sanitation Behavior? Experience of the Swachh Bharat Mission in the Indian StatesPublicly funded initiatives can play an important role as a catalyst for improving the sanitation environment.
- Energy security requires government intervention, with a shift in policies on energy access and poverty from price support to income support.
- The widespread use of plastics has resulted in a significant problem of plastic waste in Asia.
- Much more needs to be done to transform G7 economies and put them on a clean energy trajectory.
ADB, TATA Power Sign Deal to Enhance Delhi’s Power Distribution Through Grid Enhancements and Battery Energy Storage SystemADB and TPDDL, the distribution arm of Tata Power, entered into an agreement to subscribe to non-convertible debentures for 1.5 billion Indian Rupees (equivalent to $18.2 million) to enhance Delhi’s power distribution through grid enhancements, and a $2 million grant to partially finance the purchase and integration of a pilot(BESS.